PUBLICATIONS OF THE POLYNESIAN SOCIETY
The publications listed below are available to members of the Polynesian Society (at a 20 percent discount, plus postage and packing), and to non-members (at the prices listed, plus postage and packing) from the Society's office: Department of Maori Studies, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92012, Auckland. All prices are in NZ$.
Some Memoirs are also available from: The University Press of Hawaii, 2840 Kolowalu Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, U.S.A., who handle North American and other overseas sales to non-members. The prices given here do not apply to such sales.
- 1. NGATA, A.T. and Pei TE HURINUI, Ngā Mōteatea (Part 1). Facsimile of 1959 edition with a new introduction by Wharetoroa Kerr, xxxxii, 325pp. 1988 (out-of-print, new edition forthcoming).
- 2. NGATA, A.T. and Pei TE HURINUI, Ngā Mōteatea (Part 2). Facsimile of 1961 edition, with a new foreword by Ray Harlow, lii, 319pp. 1985 (out-of-print, new edition forthcoming).
- 3. NGATA, A.T. and Pei TE HURINUI, Ngā Mōteatea (Part 3). Facsimile of 1970 edition, xxiii, 457pp. 1980. (out-of-print, new edition forthcoming).
- 4. NGATA, A.T., Ngā Mōteatea (Part 4). x, 150pp. 1990. $30.00 paper.
- 37. DE BRES, Pieter H., Religion in Atene: Religious Associations and the Urban Maori. 95pp. 1971. $4.10.
- 38. MEAD, S.M., Lawrence BIRKS, Helen BIRKS, and Elizabeth SHAW, The Lapita Pottery Style of Fiji and Its Associations. 98pp. 1975. $7.00.
- 39. FINNEY, Ben R. (comp.), Pacific Navigation and Voyaging. 148pp. 1975. $8.00.
- 41. McLEAN, Mervyn, An Annotated Bibliography of Oceanic Music and Dance. 252pp. 1977, with 74pp. 1981 Supplement. $12.30.
- 43. BLUST, Robert, The Proto-Oceanic Palatals. 183+x pp. 1978. $12.00.
- 45. HOOPER, Antony and Judith HUNTSMAN (eds), Transformations of Polynesian Culture. 226+viii pp. 1985. $35.00.
- 47. SIIKALA, Jukka, 'Akatokamanāva. Myth, History and Society in the South Cook Islands. 153+xi pp. 1991. $29.95.
- 48. PAWLEY, Andrew (ed.), Man and a Half: Essays in Pacific Anthropology and Ethnobiology in Honour of Ralph Bulmer. 624pp. 1992. $70.00.
- 49. SORRENSON, M.P.K., Manifest Duty: The Polynesian Society Over 100 Years. 160pp. 1992. $32.50.
- 50. BROWN, DOROTHY (comp.), Centennial Index 1892-1991. 279pp., 1993. $30.00.
- 51. TE ARIKI TARA 'ARE, History and Traditions of Rarotonga. Translated by S.Percy Smith. Edited by Richard Walter and Rangi Moeka'a. 216pp., genealogies and song texts. 2000. $70.00.
- 10. CARROLL, Vern, “An outline of the structure of the language of Nukuoro.” 56pp. 1965. $1.65.
- 13. DAVENPORT, William and Gülbün COKER, “The Moro Movement of Guadalcanal, British Solomon Islands Protectorate.” 53pp. 1967. $1.60.
- 14. RIEBE, Inge, “Anthropomorphic stone carvings on Unea Island.” 5pp. 1967. $0.50.
- 15. NEWBURY, Colin, “Aspects of cultural change in French Polynesia: The decline of the Ari'i,” and “Te Hau Rahi Pomare II and the concept of inter-island government in Eastern Polynesia.” 58pp. 1967. $2.50.
- 16. BULMER, R.N.H. and M.J. TYLER, “Karam classifications of frogs.” 53pp. 1968. $1.00.
- 18. BULMER, R.N.H. and J.I. MENZIES, “Karam classification of marsupials and rodents.” Pts 1 & 2. 50pp. 1972. $1.65.
- 20. KIRTLEY, Bacil F. and Samuel H. ELBERT, “Animal tales from Rennell and Bellona.” 24pp. 1973. $0.80.
- TOKELAU DICTIONARY. L + 503pp. NZ$35.00.
- INCEST PROHIBITIONS IN MICRONESIA AND POLYNESIA: Special Issue, June 1976. 155pp. $12.00.
- FUTURE DIRECTIONS IN THE STUDY OF THE ARTS OF OCEANIA: from Special Issue, June 1981. 70pp. $4.00.
- BIOLOGICAL ANTHROPOLOGY IN THE PACIFIC: Special Issue, March 1994. 108pp. $12.50.
- KIE HINGOA ‘NAMED MATS’, 'IE TŌGA ‘FINE MATS’ AND OTHER TREASURED TEXTILES OF SAMOA AND TONGA: Special Issue, June 1999. 120pp. $15.00.
- ESSAYS ON HEAD-HUNTING IN THE WESTERN SOLOMON ISLANDS: Special Issue, March 2000. 144pp. $15.00.
BACK ISSUES OF THE JOURNAL AVAILABLE
THE SOCIETY holds copies of most issues from Volume 76 (1967) onwards. Some copies of issues from earlier volumes are available, or become available from time to time. Orders and inquiries should be directed to the Assistant Secretary, Polynesian Society, Department of Māori Studies, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand.
Price per issue are as follows:
Vol. 105 (1996) and earlier: $2.00 plus postage and packing
Vol. 106 (1997) onwards: $15.00 plus postage and packing
Note: Members receive a 20 percent discount