JOURNAL OF THE POLYNESIAN SOCIETY CONTAINING THE TRANSACTIONS AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE SOCIETY.
No. 3.—SEPTEMBER, 1895,—Vol. IV.
Proceedings of the Society.
A meeting of the Council was held in Wellington on the 27th July, 1895. Accounts for printing Journal, &c., were passed.
A meeting of the Council was held in Wellington on the 27th August, 1895.
Messrs H. Valder, Hunterville, A. T. Ngata, Auckland, and F. J. Mitchell, Sydney, N.S.W., were elected Members of the Society.
The following Papers have been received:
- 122 A Lament for Te Rangi-Mauri. Hare Hongi
- 123 The Legend of the Coming of Nareau from Samoa to Tarawa, Rev. J. E. Newell
- 124 Cannibalism as practised on Tanna. Rev. W. Watt, New Hebrides Books, &c., received:
- 332-33 Journal, Royal Colonial Institute, Nos. 7 and 8, June-July, 1895
- 334–35 Bulletin de la Société de Géographie de Paris. 4 Tri., 1894–95
- 336–38 Comptes rendus, Société de Géographie de Paris. Nos. 7–10, 1895
- 339 Journal and Proceedings Royal Society of N.S.W. Vol. xxviii, 1894
- 340 Na Mata, Fiji. August, 1895
- 341 Report of Trustees Australian Museum, 1894–5
- 342 The American Antiquarian. Vol. xvii, No. 3
- 343 Journal, Buddhist Text Society of India. Vol. ii, part 3, 1894
- 344 Guide to the Collections in the Canterbury Museum. 1895
- 345 Notulen van de Algemeene en Bestuurs Vergaderingen. Deel xxxiii, Av. 1, 1895
- 346 Plakaatboek 1602-1811. Deel xiv: 1800-1803
- 347–48 The Geographical Journal. June-July, 1895
- 349–50 Revue mensuelle de l'École d'Anthropologie de Paris. May-June, 1895
- 351 Mittheilungen der Anthropolischen Gesellschaft in Wien. Band xxxv
- 352 Photograph of Polynesian Chart. Rev. J. Newell
A meeting of the Council was held in Wellington on the 19th September, 1895.
Letters were read from Messrs H. G. Seth-Smith and A. C. Arthur. Books, &c., received:
- 353–54 Comptes rendus, Société de Géographie de Paris. Nos. 11-12, 1895
- 355 The Geographical Journal. Aug., 1895
- 356 Revue mensuelle de l'École d'Anthropologie de Paris. July, 1895.